Tue, Nov 14|
Leverage the Innovative Farmland Commons Model to Ignite Regeneration
HOW TO MAKE IMPACT ON THE TRANSITION OF 400,000,000 ACRES OF FARMLAND IN THE NEXT 2 DECADES LED BY: KRISTINA VILLA + IAN MCSWEENEY
Time & Location
Nov 14, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:10 AM
About The Event
Use code: FARMLANDCOMMONS to receive a discount!
Now, an unprecedented opportunity arises before us: the chance to make a positive impact on the transition of roughly 400,000,000 acres of farmland, set to change hands through sale or inheritance in the next two decades. This immense transfer of wealth ranks among the largest the world has ever witnessed, and the way this land is transferred and managed holds greater significance than ever before.
We are hosting this workshop to help expand our view of how land and people can work together to create more regenerative and equitable outcomes.
This workshop will:
- Offer insights into the history and perspective of Conservation and Community Land Trusts
- Familiarize you with the innovative Farmer’s Land Trust model
- Present the framework and specifics of the land trust model addressing ownership, tenure, stewardship, and equity within the Farmland Commons
- Explore pathways for sellers, buyers, Regenerative Real Estate practitioners, and the land to connect, collaborate, and mutually benefit
This workshop is tailored for individuals who:
- Have a connection to land and finances
- Work as realtors
- Own land
- Provide funding for land-related projects
- Advocate for land-related causes
- Are involved in the transaction and transition of land
- Seek to shift their focus from transactions to community-centered land relationships.
Kindly extend invitations to your colleagues so that together, we can support the efforts of The Farmer’s Land Trust. By doing so, we aim to address historical injustices, explore avenues to de-commodify land, and foster a conversation where equitable access and regenerative land management practices can flourish.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
Kristina Villa and Ian McSweeney have dedicated their efforts to establishing and engaging with more than 100 land trusts, community organizations, as well as regional, state, and federal partners. Through these collaborations, they have provided crucial support to over 100 farm projects, ensuring their success in achieving protection, secure tenure, agricultural sustainability, responsible stewardship, and fostering community and commons ownership and tenure structures.
- Ticket type
Tickets for sale through the host, Latitude. Use the link below to purchase tickets: https://chooselatitude.com/checkout?cartToken=sOeLgHrfwJLnnfgZ5cs97D07h5XBWuHzGLGnZIto&testModeEnabled=false&postalCodeShippingEnabled=false&autoTriggerDiscountsEnabled=false&limitedUseDiscountsEnabled=false&taxEnabled=false&categoryIdDiscountsEnabled=truePrice$15.00
+$0.38 service fee+$0.38 service fee